This position will be performed as a member of the research and development organization within the DOD Cyber Crime Center, a national cyber center. The candidate will be actively investigating and developing new software tools and techniques in performing automated malware analysis, digital forensics and cyber intelligence. The candidate should have strong algorithm, software design, and software development skills with an understanding of low level OS and system operations.
Alliant LCAT Description: Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Suggested Qualifications: 13 years of professional experience without a degree; or 5 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or no experience required with a related PhD or JD. Consideration should always be given for the level of specific domain expertise.
• B.S. degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
• Candidate must have more than 5 recent (i.e. less than 2 years removed) years of experience in a software engineering role
• Strong programming skills in PHP
• Strong programming skills in C#
• Experience in SQL
• Rudimentary knowledge in Network Architecture and networked programs
• Experience in secure programming for web application development
• Experience with the software development lifecycle to include requirements definition and unit testing
• Experience in developing cyber security, malware analysis or digital forensics applications
• Must have a minimum of a U.S. Secret Security clearance
• Graduate degree or active progress in obtaining a graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
• Experience in Java, C, C++, Python
• Rudimentary understanding of protocol analysis
• Rudimentary understanding of malware analysis or reverse engineering
• Experience in digital forensics