Malware Reverse Engineer : This is an opportunity for malware reversers or low-detail-level software developers to move toward malware reverse engineering analysis. Candidates should have an in-depth understanding of low level programming in C, C++ or Assembly and a desire to build upon that skill set to become a malware reverse engineer. Additionally, must possess capability to script in Python.Must possess the ability to will work both independently and as a team to develop custom malware analysis tools, and support existing malware analysis infrastructure to meet mission deadlines. Candidates should be highly motivated with an interest in continuously learning and improving their skills.
Alliant LCAT Description: Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Suggested Qualifications: 13 years of professional experience without a degree; or 5 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or no experience required with a related PhD or JD. Consideration should always be given for the level of specific domain expertise.
- Experience developing in Python, C, C++, and/or C#
- Capable of Python scripting to automate analysis and reverse engineering tasks
- Understanding of x86, ARM, and x64 architectures
- Understanding of network protocols and networking concepts
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating System Internals and Windows APIs
- Understanding of the PE file format and experience parsing structured or unstructured data
- Experience with Windows system programming, driver development and/or IDAPython
- Understanding of software engineering methodologies
- Strong initiative, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Secret clearance required, TS/SCI highly desired
- Familiarization with VMWare Workstation, Network, and SysInternal tools
- Code reverse engineering or malware analysis skills
- Experience with static analysis of malware
- Familiarization with Linux OS
- Mobile IOS/Android experience
- Experience with Sandboxes