Intake/Customer Support specialist will join a multi-disciplinary team of subject matter experts at the DoD Cyber Crime Center (DC3) Defense Computer Forensics Laboratory (DCFL), which performs Digital and Multimedia (D/MM) forensic examinations, device repair, data extraction, and expert testimony for the DoD.
Alliant LCAT Desciprtion: Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
Suggested Qualifications: 13 years of professional experience without a degree; or 5 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or no experience required with a related PhD or JD. Consideration should always be given for the level of specific domain expertise.
Secret clearance required
• Familiar with DoD and US military law enforcement/counterintelligence (LE/CI) organizations and their processes
• Familiar with ASCLD/LAB requirements
• Demonstrated ability to provide quality customer support via phone, email, and in person
• At least a basic understanding of digital forensics concepts, methodology, tools, and technology, including for mobile devices and network intrusions
• Must be able to balance frequently-changing priorities
• Must be able to work well in both fast and slow paced environments
• Should be proactive and self-driven; Must be able to work well with a team to accomplish a common mission, yet able to work independently
• Must be able to work closely with a variety of organizational mission areas, including (but not limited to) digital forensics examiners, systems engineers, software developers, quality assurance, project managers, and attorney advisors
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, (can include Business, Social Sciences)
• Introduction to Networks and Computer Hardware (INCH), Computer Incident Responders Course (CIRC), Windows Forensic Examinations – EnCase (WFE)
• Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE), Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE), or other digital forensics certification
• Cellebrite Mobile Forensics Fundamentals (CMFF), Cellebrite Certified Operator (CCO), Cellebrite Certified Physical Analyst (CCPA), or other mobile device forensics certification
• 1 year in digital forensics
• 5+ years of experience providing customer service