The Training and Development Coordinator is integral in shaping the learning, development, onboarding and continuous training that support our vision of a learning organization that fosters leadership development, and employee performance excellence.
This position manages an agency wide system of training and education designed to meet the professional needs of the organization and advance training as a strategic initiative. We are seeking a high energy individual who will represent the Human Resources Department as the Training Coordinator and will promote training and continue to grow the training program. The incumbent will work with management to continually determine training needs and priorities, assess training programs, and work with staff to develop training courses, plans and solutions; be the liaison with external parties, organizes and facilitates work-groups, and establishes, maintains, and manages the training program based on department needs; be responsible for internal and external communication on department training initiatives and serves as the point of contact for the Training Program; guide and assist subject matter experts with the development and appropriate delivery methods for course content; need to learn and stay abreast of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to meet the training needs of the various jobs within the Air Force and Department of Defense (DoD); keep current on specific certification requirements; ensure training resources are secured to meet the training needs; not function as a classroom trainer but may on occasion conduct or facilitate training; and also be involved in administrative functions of the training program including overseeing/administering training related contracts as well as be responsible for monitoring expenditures: including use of supplies, software, systems, and equipment.
Receives supervision under the Director of Human Resources. Plans and prioritizes own work to meet defined goals and objectives. Prepares and develops plans for projects and programs involving coordination with other departments and/or outside organizations. Some precedents and procedures exist. Expected to constantly seek out new partnerships and collaboration to fulfill strategic goals.
Alliant LCAT Description: Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise others.
Suggested Qualifications: 18-22 years of professional experience without a degree; or 10-14 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 8-12 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or 4 years of professional experience required with a related PhD or JD; Considered an emerging authority / authority in discipline. Consideration should always be given for the level of specific domain expertise.
Secret Clearance Required
• Knowledge of Air Force/DoD training requirements, design and development;
• Knowledge of Instructional design models that are most appropriate and effective for educating adults with various learning styles;
• Knowledge of different instruction design needs for a variety of delivery methods;
• Knowledge of presentation technologies and methods;
• Knowledge of components of training and education program planning;
• Knowledge of research methods to determine training needs;
• Knowledge of dynamics of organizational change and concepts of a learning organization;
• Knowledge of management principles to develop leadership training plans and opportunities;
• Knowledge of computers and computer systems including knowledge of learning management systems.
• Strong organizational skills;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Critical thinking;
• Problem solving;
• Knowledge of human resources principles and practices.
• Ability to Obtain and maintain a security clearance;
• Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of a course or training program;
• Ability to employ strategic skills to plan long term and establish priorities for making effective decisions;
• Ability to interpret regulations and instructions and apply them to business needs;
• Ability to provide constructive feedback, assistance with design, and consultation regarding training delivery;
• Ability to speak in public to both large and small groups and effectively facilitate work groups;
• Ability to propose training and development programs and objectives to strategic business partners to meet strategic goals;
• Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals and groups and determine instructional needs;
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
• Ability to maintain knowledge and skill with current and future training and presentation technology;
• Ability to consult & influence managers to maximize organizational effectiveness;
• Ability to provide coaching and consulting to managers regarding workforce planning and employee training and development;
• Ability to track and report key metrics to business leaders;
• Ability to create, advise on and manage the training budget;
• Ability to positively work with a wide variety of audiences and personality types, including leadership, managers, supervisors, employees, and contractors.
• A bachelor's degree in education, communication, business or a related field
• Work experience related to training and education is preferred
• Ability to self-motivate and generate enthusiasm among staff and stakeholders;
• Ability to manage and develop successful teams;